Wednesday 25 May 2011

Approximate Integration - comments on the program

An important part of the program I presented previously is defining the function that is being integrated. I chose the simple function f(x)=x2 and the statement in the code :X²→X: achieves this. In order to integrate a different funtion the program must be edited. For example, if I wanted to have f(x)=cos(x), then I would replace :X²→X: with :cos(X)→X:.

To edit a program it is best to ensure that your calculator is in insert mode by keying [SHIFT] [INS]. This will insert text before the vertical cursor and not overwrite existing text. To edit the program key [MODE] [6] [1] and then your program number. Use the replay button to move the blinking vertical cursor | to after X², so that it looks like :X²|→X:. Then press [DEL] twice and replace the function by keying [COS] [AlPHA] [X] [)], say.

It is a bit tedious, but I haven't found a way round this on the fx-50F.

No comments:

Post a Comment